Hello, I am a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, certified in Relational Life Therapy and Encountered- couples’- Centered Therapy (EcC). Also have extensive, active experience, training and certifications in Emotionally Focused Therapy(EFT), trauma work , Substance Abuse/Gambling Addictions and co-occurring disorders.
Whether I am working with an individual, a couple or any group of individuals from a family to a corporation, my lens is systemic which means I work with you in relationship to something or someone (s). In my 20+ years of experience I have zeroed in helping couples elevate and transform their relationships, so I am mostly identified as a “couples’ therapist”.
My work is aimed at leading your relationship(s) to a place of mutual respect and health and if romantic, fierce intimacy.
Relationships are in a constant flow of harmony, disharmony and repair. However, the repair part of the equation is often missing or skewed which leads to despair.
In our work together, you can expect to gain knowledge and skills on:
- What triggers your rawest vulnerabilities
- How the proverbial “survival knot” gets in the way of relationship harmony and leads you to argue/fight ineffectively
- How to stay relationally connected and protected at the same time
- How to breakthrough wounds
- How to quickly experience deep characterological change
- How to practice minute to minute intimacy
- How to learn to successfully pull off crucial conversations
- How to live in full-respect
- How to have meaning and joy in your personal/professional life
- How to live and role model a healthy and rich emotional, relational map for you, those around you and the legacy that follows.
- When we work together, you will find that the work is highly collaborative and interactive, drawing on a systemic and relationally therapeutic approach, extracted from first hand training from the person whom revolutionized couples’ therapy: bestselling author and nationally renowned couples’ and family therapist, Terry Real , groundbreaking Neuroscience and 2 decades of acquiring and distilling from key approaches mastered and taught by world-renowned master therapists such as but not limited to: Hedy Schleifer Dr. Susan Johnson, Dr. Harvilee and Helen Hendrix , Brenee Brown and Esther Perel.
My most effective and groundbreaking specialization is in supporting couples through 4 different and powerful, transformational 2-day Couples- Intensive(s)-Program(s) designed specifically to:
- Prepare a couple (Premarital)
- Help a relationship reconnect or awaken a dull existence
- Heal betrayals or deep wounds
- Uncouple with dignity and respect.
I have also now added, 1 day intensives (a more condensed version). I also see couples for shorter sessions, ranging from 90 minutes to 3 hours at a time.
I am bicultural and bilingual, so I have deep understanding and knowledge of the many nuances that are brought to the table when influenced by multiple cultural life-experiences. I am honored to be of service to both English-speaking and Spanish-speaking individuals and couples. My private practice is located in Stamford, CT. I see clients in office or online via Zoom, a HIPPA approved virtual platform. I also travel for intensives and workshops, nationally or internationally.
I was born and raised in Uruguay, South America, completed my elementary and high school studies there and at 19 years old, traveled to the United States where I completed my undergrad, graduate and post-graduate studies. Having the gift of having lived in 2 very different countries and influenced by multiple cultures, has helped bring to my practice a wide worldview and an edge on seeing human behavior from different angles and having deep understanding and compassion by the differences and commonalities we share.
In addition to my work and with great pride I own that my deepest learnings, joy, pride, growth and challenge have and continue to come from 25 years of marriage, my lovingly-imperfect 3 children, a happy and crazy Whoodle and a brand new grandson whom in addition to siblings, parents, nieces, nephews, cousins, in laws and friends, make up the chaos and the joy of my life.
EDUCATION and TRAINING:
- MASTERS in Marriage and Family Therapy /Licensed/ FAIRFIELD UNIVERSITY. Fairfield, CT.
- BACHELOR’S IN ARTS (Concentration in Psychology and Communications) S.U.N.Y Purchase, NY USA
- Licensed in Substance Abuse
- Certified in Relational Life Therapy
- EXTENSIVE Training in Imago and Encountered-Centered-couples-Therapy (ECcT)
- EXTENSIVE Training in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- EXTENSIVE Training in Trauma and Co-Occurring disorders
- CERTIFIED HYPNOTHERAPIST
- CERTIFIED in Problem Gambling
- AAMFT Approved Clinical Fellow Membership
- CTAMFT Clinical Member